A Quick Biblical overview of the lineage/transitions of biblical Priesthood

Biblical overview of the lineage & transitions - priesthood of Christ/Messiah:

• Adam was established as a high priest of the temple/garden of Eden.

• Adam fell short due to the transgression of knowingly taking a bite of the apple; remember that it’s written that Adam was not deceived, so IMO Adam was a high priest who laid his life down, when he knew that his bride had screwed up (contemplate this pattern it’ll repeat).

• Adam loses his firstborn right of mankind due to this transgression, and the firstborn right goes down the line to Seth after Seth was Methuselah After Methuselah died (it skipped Lamech because Methuselah outlived his son Lamech) the firstborn right falls to Noache/Noah.

• Methuselah’s name means “his death shall bring” then Methuselah died and Noah’s name means “rest” so we can see how a pattern here of the flood baptizing the whole earth, and the rebirth brings the earth “rest”.

• 2Pet. 2:5 and the old world did not spare, but the eighth person, Noah, of righteousness a preacher, did keep, a flood on the world of the impious having brought,

• Noah was the eighth man to hold the order of Melchizedek, the

order of righteousness. When Noah died, the order was inherited by his son, Shem.

• In Genesis a man with the title Melchizedek meets Abram returning from defeating the invading kings. This priest was Shem, the oldest living patriarch in the line of the seed promise in Abram’s day.

• Then we see an Abraham tithe to Melchizedek - Shem, this identifies the greater priesthood is the heavenly priesthood than the Levitical Priesthood.

• Originally When Moses and the children of Israel were called up to the mountain the covenant promise was that the WHOLE NATION would be priests “6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel” - Exodus 19:1-7

• Then in Exodus 32 we see that the Children of Israel were dancing naked in front of the golden calf (Exodus 32:25) and only the Levites stood with Moses and turned on the camp and slew many.

• Because the Levites followed Moses they were given the priesthood, and the priesthood “Changed in administration” From the Melchizedek Priesthood (which would have been the whole nation) to the Levitical Priesthood. We read about this change from the Firstborn rights of the priesthood to the Levitical priesthood in Numbers 3:

"11 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

12 And I, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the children of Israel > > INSTEAD < < of all the firstborn that openeth the matrix among the children of Israel: therefore the Levites shall be mine;

13 Because all the firstborn are mine; for on the day that I smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt I hallowed unto me all the firstborn in Israel, both man and beast: mine shall they be: I am the Lord."

• Ultimately as biblical history plays out the Levites fell short, and the priesthood terminated, therefore the firstborn rights continue passing down to Jesus/Yeshua’s adopted Father Joseph.

• Yeshua/Jesus then allowed himself to be murdered (not sacrificed) on Passover. He knew that this was his designation from before the world was created, that when he would create the world he would have to be willing to die for his creation, because he knew the pattern of the Father that he would have to bare our sin, iniquity and transgression so that his creation/bride could be sanctified and redeemed.

• Yeshua/Jesus proved his level of faith, and his role of firstborn - The role of a firstborn is to put his life on the line for the rest of his sibilings - having been killed on Passover, buried on the Feast of Unleavened bread, and resurrected on the feast of first fruits. The saints that fell asleep up until his coming were resurrected and seen in the streets by many (Matthew 28). These saints I believe were brought into the heavenly realm when Yeshua ascended as a first fruits offering before the Father, because a high priest in the levitical administration had to have a first fruits offering on the feast of first fruits.

• The concept of “redeemed” is a marriage concept, Boaz was known as the “kinsmen redeemer” when he married Ruth and proclaimed: "Moreover Ruth the Moabitess, the wife of Mahlon, have I purchased to be my wife, to raise up the name of the dead upon his inheritance, that the name of the dead be not cut off from among his brethren, and from the gate of his place: ye are witnesses this day.”. Through marriage Boaz was able to give life to the dead (inheritance contract).

• This is where we pick back up on the pattern - Yeshua/Jesus laying down his life knowing his bride had committed sin/transgression became the “Second Adam” having died for his bride, proving his rightful ownership of firstborn rights, and being able to become a High Priest before YHWH -

14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,[a] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

• Hebrews 4:14-16
1 Like