Guest Contribution: Not a "new covenant", but a "Tenor" of a covenant

This was submitted by brother: Jerrad Gindlesberger

His blog is found here: The Renewed Covenant? I think NOT! – jerradgblog

Hebrews 8, 9, and 10…

Hebrews 8:13 kjv. The word “Covenant” is in italics and correctly so within context of the rest of the chapter.

The word “new” actually means “new” in Greek and Hebrew. Jeremiah 31:31, the word “new” in Hebrew actually means “new” in english, not renewed. The Hebrew for renewed is very similar to the Hebrew word for new but not the same. If you look up the word renewed throughout the Bible it’s a different word than is used in Jeremiah 31:31!

Hebrews 9:1 “ordinances of divine service”

In the Greek it’s actually “Temple Order” or “regulations of worship”.

After the golden calf/ritualistic orgy situation(Exodus 32) happened, Yahuah gave them a “tenor” of a covenant (the new covenant)…

That tenor is symbolic of a future covenant which is described in Hebrews 9 and 10. (Exodus 34:27 And the Yah said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.)

One way we know that the Torah is a little out of chronological order.

(Another witness to the fact that the Torah is slightly out of order, look at Deuteronomy chapter 10. Read it like it is first and then read it in this order;

Deuteronomy 10: verses

1-3, then

10, then

4-5, then

8-9, then

11, then

6-7, then

12-22.

Is your mind blown? Mine was too!

Ezekiel 20:19-25

I am Yah your Elohim; walk in my statutes, and keep my judgments, and do them; [20] And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am Yahuah your Elohim. [21] Notwithstanding the children rebelled against me:

((golden calf/orgy situation at Sinai))

Advertisements

Report this ad

they walked not in my statutes, neither kept my judgments to do them, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; they polluted my sabbaths: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness.

((Moshe pleads with Yah on behalf of Israel))

[22] Nevertheless I withdrew mine hand, and wrought for my name’s sake, that it should not be polluted in the sight of the heathen, in whose sight I brought them forth. [23] I lifted up mine hand unto them also in the wilderness, that I would scatter them among the heathen, and disperse them through the countries; [24] Because they had not executed my judgments, but had despised my statutes, and had polluted my sabbaths, and their eyes were after their fathers’ idols.

((Yah gives them the tenor/schoolmaster, tenor of the Messiah; tabernacle, implements thereof, high priest, priestly order…. The curse of the law))

[25] Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live…

I believe that the Torah was put out of order in babylon. The command is to not add to or take away from it so they didn’t do that, they just made it out of order to confuse people. To hide the messiah. To hide the New Covenant. That’s what I think anyway. :))

The tabernacle, the implements thereof, the Priestly order, the high priest, it’s all symbolism of the New Covenant, the Messiah.

They became flesh and dwealt among us!!!

He isn’t a renewed covenant. He is the new covenant. He is the embodiment both physically and spiritually of the tutor given to Isreal to keep(teach) them until the New Covenant

Galatians 3:19,21-24

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions ((golden calf/orgy situation)), till the seed should come ((Messiah)) to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. [21] Is the law ((added as the result of the golden calf/orgy situation)) then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law ((the sacrificial system is flawed)). [22] But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Yahushua Messiah might be given to them that believe. [23] But before faith came, we were kept under the law ((tenor of Messiah, Schoolmaster, tutor)), shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. [24] Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Paul is strictly talking about the laws added after the transgression of the golden calf. The laws mentioned in Hebrews chapters 9 and 10.

Now that the real covenant has come, there is no longer a need for the tutor, the tenor, because the real, the TRUE is here. The tutor, the tenor is finished… Is fulfilled 🙂 HalleluYah!!! The Son is risen!!

The wine; Blood of Messiah (Yah’s Law, or natural law that existed since creation = Sinai and Moab covenants, feasts/Sabbath/high Sabbaths), the bread; Body of Messiah (His people); the High priest is Yahushua, we are all His priests… We are His Body, we are His tabernacle not made with human hands. Our deepest inner being (heart) is the most set apart place (holy of holies), being the Body(tabernacle) of Messiah, He lives in the most set apart place; our hearts!

Advertisements

Report this ad

Many will be deceived when they build a temple on old Roman Fort Antonia that they call the “temple Mount” and the antimessiah takes his place there… The people who think the tenor still is in place will(most already have) accept the antimessiah in the real most set apart pace (their hearts) and be utterly deceived. Utterly!

It’s evident because they listen to these self proclaimed teachers making YouTube videos (rather than studying themselves to show themselves approved and actually believing Messiah when He says to call no man teacher or father) as they change words (new to renewed) to suit their agenda or proclaim taught lies.

Numbers 18:1

And the Lord said unto Aaron, Thou and thy sons and thy father’s house with thee shall bear the iniquity of the sanctuary: and thou and thy sons with thee shall bear the iniquity of your priesthood.

Why would Yah call the sanctuary(tabernacle) and the priesthood iniquity?

Why would Yah first tell them that they would ALL be priests and kings? Only to then set apart One small section of one tribe to be priests? Why would Yah tell them that His altar would be made out of unhewn stones and have no stairs going up to it only to order the building of the Tabernacle and then the temple? In fact, we read that he didn’t even want the temple. He was cool with the Tabernacle but the king insisted… Why? The tenor/tutor is iniquity, Yahushua, is perfect. The blood of bulls and goats cannot forgive sin but Yahushua can! And Yahushua did!

His law is perfect and was there way way way frikken WAY before Sinai. It was the extra stuff added at Sinai, after the golden calf/orgy situation, on top of his Covenants; that was the tenor; the iniquity of the sanctuary and the iniquity of the priesthood. Yahushua is the New Covenant! Not the renewal of iniquity. Yahushua took on our sins and hung that tenor on the cross! He said, “It is finished!”

With this understanding in your head, go ahead and reread Hebrews chapters 8, 9, and 10 again and tell me if it doesn’t make a hell of a lot more sense. Tell me if your mind is not absolutely blown. 🙂 HalleluYah!

Praise Yah!!!

1 Like

please summarize. very confusing

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks for bringing it up, but you have more work to do.
In English, we have to get the definition of “new” from context. For instance, a new car might be a new technology, or it might be a new model, or it might be that you are the first owner, or it might a used car that is new to you, or it might be newly tuned up, or even just thoroughly cleaned up.
So when you say “new means new,” you have to say which new you mean.
Homework: look up Hebrew words that can mean one of these different “news.”
Ex 1.8 “now there arose a new חָדָ֖שׁ king…” -a different person but still a pharaoh.
Lev 26.10 “… clear out the old to make room for the new חֲדָשָׁ֖ה [grain]” same fields, same looking, same tasting, but from a new year. [same word, female form]
Num 16.30 “But if the LORD does something entirely new בְּרִיאָ֞ה יִבְרָ֣א …” -from bara’, create.
ETC. Then same for the Greek scriptures.
God bless you in the work!
and it seems Hebrew has the same issue. The adjective חָדָ֖שׁ (m) or חֲדָשָׁ֖ה (f)

1 Like

Some scriptures out of time order? out of chronological order?
Yes, of course.
But is time order the only order?
The Jews [including Yeshua] say the Torah is one long sentence, that every jot and tittle is right and important, that every letter in order is right, etc.
Keep on studying, looking at these truths from every angle, but this idea of the Jews changing the scriptures that they so wonderfully preserved for all won’t fly.

1 Like