How Yeshua paid for the sins of Israel

Outline

• Identifying Incorrect ideology - Yeshua could not have paid our penalty because there is an instruction in the torah against paying the sins of another man.

• Understanding how he was made a curse for us: a charge against Israel being a rebellious son, Israel was an adulterous wife.

• Understanding what penalty was leveraged against the nation: Penalty for being a rebellious son, Penalty for being an Adulterous wife.

• Understanding how Yeshua paid the penalty for adultery, and rebellion: How Yeshua paid these penalties according to YHWH’s law; how Yeshua paid the penalty of the rebellious son for the nation; How Yeshua paid the penalty of the Adulterous wife for the nation.

• Understanding how both houses of Israel are able to be remarried.

Introduction
It is critical for the body of the lamb to know and understand how exactly Yeshua paid the penalties for the sins of Israel.

This is critical for understanding because understanding how Yeshua/Jesus paid the penalty of sin and death to YHWH’s eternal law also provides an understanding into the mechanics of how YHWH views his law, how Yeshua operates as high priest according to his law and how his law is still in effect to this day.

Many look at this frequently quoted verse and wonder how Yeshua/Jesus could have absolved us from the penalty of the law:

Deuteronomy 24:16: ‘Every man shall be put to death for his own sin.’

Let’s put that understanding on hold, and first understand why our heavenly Father YHWH divorced the northern kingdom of Israel.

We have to keep in mind the promise made to Abraham that his descendants will be numerous and inherit the land that Abraham established with his sandal covenant (land of Israel) with YHWH.

YHWH isn’t going to go back on his promise so there’s a plan of reconciliation that we will uncover and learn about.

Israel was a rebellious son

Ezekiel 2:3-7 NKJV
And He said to me: “Son of man, I am sending you to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that has rebelled against Me; they and their fathers have transgressed against Me to this very day. For they are impudent and stubborn children. I am sending you to them, and you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD.’ As for them, whether they hear or whether they refuse—for they are a rebellious house.

Israel was an adulterous wife

Jeremiah 3:8
And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Penalty for being a rebellious son

Now let’s take a look at the law given to Moses for what the penalty is for being a rebellious son, and an adulterous wife.

Deuteronomy 21:18+
18 “If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and who, when they have chastened him, will not heed them,
19 then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city, to the gate of his city.
20 And they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’
21 Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall put away the evil from among you, and all Israel shall hear and fear
22 “If a man has committed a sin deserving of death, and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree,
23 his body shall not remain overnight on the tree, but you shall surely bury him that day, so that you do not defile the land which the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance; for he who is hanged is accursed of God.

We find this exact penalty carried out with Absalom:

2 Samuel 18
9 And Absalom met the servants of David. And Absalom rode upon a mule, and the mule went under the thick boughs of a great oak, and his head caught hold of the oak, and he was taken up between the heaven and the earth; and the mule that was under him went away.

10 And a certain man saw it, and told Joab, and said, Behold, I saw Absalom hanged in an oak.

11 And Joab said unto the man that told him, And, behold, thou sawest him, and why didst thou not smite him there to the ground? and I would have given thee ten shekels of silver, and a girdle.

12 And the man said unto Joab, Though I should receive a thousand shekels of silver in mine hand, yet would I not put forth mine hand against the king’s son: for in our hearing the king charged thee and Abishai and Ittai, saying, Beware that none touch the young man Absalom.

13 Otherwise I should have wrought falsehood against mine own life: for there is no matter hid from the king, and thou thyself wouldest have set thyself against me.

14 Then said Joab, I may not tarry thus with thee. And he took three darts in his hand, and thrust them through the heart of Absalom, while he was yet alive in the midst of the oak.

So the penalty of being a rebellious son, is to be:

1. Hung on a tree till dead.
  2. buried the same day.

Penalty for being an Adulterous wife

The penalty for being an adulterous wife is to be made to drink bitter water:

Numbers 5:11-20 -
But if thou hast gone aside to another instead of thy husband, and if thou be defiled, and some man have lain with thee beside thine husband:

21 Then the priest shall charge the woman with an oath of cursing, and the priest shall say unto the woman, The Lord make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the Lord doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell;

22 And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen.

We find this playing out with the instance of the Golden Calf after Exodus 32:

Exodus 32:20 - And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it [BITTER WATER].

How Yeshua/Jesus paid these penalties according to Father YHWH’s law

We have to remember earlier we read the charges were levied against Israel, as a nation because Israel as a nation was divorced for adulterous, and Israel as a nation committed rebellion.

So prior to Yeshua/Jesus being born a human being. The ten tribes of the northern kingdom were scattered into the earth, and a prophecy that they were to be regathered was written in YHWH’s word:

Ezekiel 36:19-24

19 And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.

20 And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the Lord, and are gone forth out of his land.

21 But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.

22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name’s sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, saith the Lord God, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

The northern kingdom was scattered into the earth, but he made a promise to Abraham, Issac, and Jacob concerning the descendants. This means a few things, for starters there’s the penalty of the rebellious son, and the adulterous wife, but there is also the fact that they were given a certificate of divorce!

how Yeshua/Jesus paid the penalty of the rebellious son for the nation:

Galatians 3:13-14:

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Galatians 3 directly correlates what we were reading earlier in Deuteronomy 21 about how a rebellious son was to be hung on a tree and taken down before the next day.

This directly corresponds to how Yeshua was crucified and then buried before the start of the next day

John 19:31 -
Therefore the Jews, because it was the Preparation Day, so that the bodies wouldn’t remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a special one), asked of Pilate that their legs might be broken and that they might be taken away.

How Yeshua paid the penalty of the Adulterous wife for the nation

As we just read earlier the penalty of an adulterous woman is to be made to drink bitter water.

John 19- 29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a sponge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.

30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

This is why Yeshua said “it is finished” because he paid for both the penalty of rebellion and the penalty of adultery that was set against the nation of Israel.

How Yeshua’s death made Israel free to remarry

Now according to the law of YHWH a once married woman is not able to be remarried:

Deuteronomy 24 - “When a man takes a wife and marries her, if then she finds no favor in his eyes because he has found some indecency in her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, and she departs out of his house, and if she goes and becomes another man’s wife, and the latter man hates her and writes her a certificate of divorce and puts it in her hand and sends her out of his house, or if the latter man dies, who took her to be his wife, then her former husband, who sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after she has been defiled, for that is an abomination before the Lord. And you shall not bring sin upon the land that the Lord your God is giving you for an inheritance.

This is why it is critical to understand that it was Yeshua who was bethrothed to Israel (legally married, but not physically dwelling with at the time).

This is why Paul explains in 1 Corinthians 7:

39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

When Yeshua died on the cross, the house of Israel became free to be remarried, and the house of Judah became a widow, also being able to be remarried.

Remember that unlike the house of Israel, the house of Judah was not divorced. This is why it’s so critical to understand that both houses (the entire nation) was married to Yeshua on Mt. Sinai.

3 Likes

@4given
@Leg.Cross
@Duel
@Kirk_Carmichael

This is an amazing explanation ! Thank you !

1 Like

Very interesting read I must say. Will have to go back and digest.

1 Like

Why was I pinged?

There’s more that could be expanded on here. I’m trying to keep it from being too wordy.

There is more that would add credibility, and feel free to post verses to support or against. :slight_smile:

I was hoping you could find time to give it a read. :slight_smile: