Is "Torah-Observant" the best label to use when talking to a Christian?

• The term “Torah-Observant” is a righteous, and noble name for our belief, there’s no doubt about it.
    But when considering your audience; if your audience is predominantly Modern Theological Christians, then consider using the term “Instruction-Observant”. This creates less of a stumbling block for them. The term “Torah-Observant” plays more to the dispensationalist theological view, of what that school of thought would want us to name ourselves. Trying to identify this movement with Judaism and helping the whole argument that we are “Judizers”. The identity of this movement is in YHWH himself. I don’t support any other name under heaven except the name that was given to me. We are not Judaism, Christianity, Methodist, Islam, Messianic… We are Children Of the Living God. We are Children Of YHWH.
4 Likes

People want to label the movement and put it in a box. Maybe followers of Yeshua? The best option for me is still not to be labeled at all.

1 Like

Torah observant brings to mind trying to follow 10 commandments and 603 ordinances and statutes. Too Jewish of a mindset and goes against many of Paul’s writings on the Law is a Ministry of Death. You do not want to set off peoples alarms immediately and have them tune you out….

2 Likes

Paul says be a Jew to a Jew and a Greek to a Greek. The adversary has built up so much animosity between both parties that to present ones self with an inkling of siding with the opposing party creates barriers and stumbling blocks.

We have to be wise as serpents and gentle like doves without being hypocrites or liars.

My identity isn’t in Judaism or Christianity it’s in being a child of the living YHWH, and that’s what I argue for.

To a Christian and hebrew I say a child of YHWH the most high God.

4 Likes

Thank you very much. I really like how you answered my question. It resonates with me. Please excuse my English. I have another question. Do I approach a person or wait for them to ask me questions? Should I go out and walk the streets and evangelize? And if so, what do I tell them? Ask the Ruach to lead is the correct answer, however the complexity of what to say.

1 Like

Shalom upon you all. My opinion is in line with the whole"why put me in a box"- rather we are called out believers, a peculiar people…natsarim will tell them you are “jewish”, a hebrew well total confusion. Rather go for a believer in the God of Abraham, Isak and Jacob.
I think we should start getting together in homes with and of fellow believers and bring in those who are seeking. Those already in should be vetted and discipled and in total unity. Yes there should be a shepperd of the flock but we should be uplifted in such a way that all there can be teachers and prophets and shepperd’s, etc.

2 Likes

Maybe the answer is in what you said. “those who are seeking” it seems as if most people I share with, are not receptive and meetings on Shabbat with people who are not on the way turns out to be disastrous. Maybe Yah is still sorting me out. Shalom

So I spent a lot of time when I first came to Torah trying to explain “how logical torah is!” and my attitude was kind of like “WHY DONT YOU GET THIS” and then I realized that some of our brothers and sisters are spiritually blind, and I found out that there is no “secret key” to unlocking spiritual blindness except prayer.

I think evangelizing is a great move, if I was going to do it it would be in a repentant - self testimony fashion, but ultimately we have our work cut out for us simply trying to grow the body of the lamb.

See Christianity is going out there and covering people by the blood of the lamb, but our movement is to take them to Mt. Sinai to learn YHWH’s instruction.

It’s all the same pattern - It was a nation that covered their door posts with the blood of the lamb, and were sanctified, and THEN they were brought to Mt. Sinai, by the fire by night, and the cloud by day (Yeshua) which is what Moses followed (the fire by night and cloud by day) to Mt. Sinai where they received instruction in YHWH’s law.

2 Likes

Use the term “pronomian”. Pro-nomos. Pro-law.

1 Like