Yeshua became fully man for his testimony that he kept YHWH law be true

Outline

• Understanding that Yeshua is the Wisdom of YHWH

• Yeshua gave up his divine creator form to keep YHWHs law.

Understanding that Yeshua is the Wisdom of YHWH

Believers should consider that “In the beginning” is a throw back to Genesis 1:1 that starts out “In the beginning” this provides the context that we are at the “beginning of creation”.

Let’s take a look at John 1:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

In the beginning of creation the “word was with God” meaning that he was actually present with “God the Father” when creation was occurring.

Believers have to keep in mind this following verse:

24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. - 1 Cor 1:24-25

Who is the “wisdom of God” our Father? His son Yeshua!

Now believers should keep in mind John 1:1, Yeshua is the Wisdom of the Father, and consider this next verse from the position of Yeshua talking in Proverbs 8:22-36:

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

The context of verse 25 is the “wisdom of God” which would be Yeshua speaking.“brought forth” meaning “begotten”.

26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

“he” in this context would be YHWH, “I was there” would be Yeshua.

28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Anyone whose ever had a son usually understands by this point, that YHWH was raising his son, delighting in him, and his son was rejoicing always before him, just like our own sons. <3

Yeshua gave up his divine creator form to keep YHWHs law.

Now let’s go continue out John 1:

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Again John 1:2 throwing back to Genesis 1:1 - “In the beginning”. identifying that it was Yeshua by which all things were made identifying again that he is the creator.

Skipping to verse 14:

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

In verse 1, we see that the Word that >WAS< God. “Was” meaning in the past he was the divine creator, but then he was “made flesh” or born in human form he had to give up his divinity and become fully human.

There’s a number of points here we can identify:

• Yeshua had to become fully human for his testimony that human beings can keep YHWH’s law be true.

• Yeshua was begotten of the Father, meaning he was “brought forth” or “birthed”.

The law of YHWH given to Moses was only made and only binds the twelve tribes of Israel. Yeshua wasn’t some kind of half man/half God hybrid. He was fully man subject to all the temptations of being a man

We can see this is fully supported by 1 Timothy 2:5 which states:

For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

There are many references, but here’s a second as a witness:

But emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. - Philippians 2:7

and because we like to overdo things, here’s a third witness:

But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, - Galatians 4:4

Supportive read:

1 Like